Thursday, September 25, 2014

Think about it Thursday

Today I am thinking about paper trimmers
What kind do you use do you have more that one?
I have a 12x12 Guillotine 2 in cutter combo
great for mass producing
I have had this since 2007
and a screw came off in a place I can't get it back on
so it is a little jiggly
have been thinking about getting a new trimmer not sure what to get
would love the
Tonic 12X6 Guillotine Paper Trimmer by it is out of stock
every where I searched
also  
on my desk I have a 9" Surecut paper trimmer
form Fiskar 
 
Can't wait to see what everyone else has and how they like their trimmers
 
Happy paper cutting
 
Karen
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I have been searching for a good paper trimmer for years. I currently have a Fiskars SureCut LED Rotary Trimmer and it's okay, but it always takes a bit of pressure and more than one swipe to cut heavyweight paper. I had so many that didn't cut straight lines. So frustrating. I would love to find one that is reliable and cuts straight lines every time!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Think About it Thursday feature. i don't like any of my trimmers. Curious to see what your readers reccomend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question! I seem to have a small collection of paper cutters that I've gathered over the years, mainly because I wasn't getting a straight line or the blade got dull. In current use I have a 9" Royal guillotine that flips over and is a regular cutter but I prefer using the guillotine side. I'd say I'm satisfied with this one. For smaller items, I love my Creative Memories 6" trimmer, also a guillotine; I'm onto my second one now as the first one got dull. As a back-up I still have my very first trimmer, a Fiskars, the purple one. It still works great and I use it when I need to cut anything more than 9". In storage is a Making Memories trimmer which I found would not cut a straight line, but maybe it was me! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else recommends. I looked back to read your post on adhesives and I've made a wish list! I enjoy your Think About it Thursdays! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome question and curious to see what works well for everyone. I use the Fiskars 12" deluxe bypass paper trimmer and I have to say I actually like it. I have went round and round over the past about paper cutting out straight and this is one of my fav's for me :) It's pretty darn close, I am happy with it and have had it for a couple years now!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments